- 1 ½ pounds (about 3) bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1 medium apple, diced
- ¾ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Croissants for serving
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Put the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and reaches 165º F on a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken, about 35-40 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool.
In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, celery, grapes, pecans, and tarragon.
Take the chicken meat off the bones; discard bones. Roughly chop the meat and add it to the bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir well. The prepared salad will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.