This is Surf & Turf done easy. Whether you prepare foil-packed dinners on the grill, in the oven, or over a campfire, this is an easy weeknight meal that easily comes together all year long. I like using Old Bay, fresh lemon, butter, and garlic to infuse my steak and shrimp with maximum flavor. It’s a fun way to present a meal and nothing beats that burst of flavor and aroma you get as you carefully open that packet. It’s also a really fun dish for casual entertaining.
- ½ lb. sirloin steak, cut into 1” cubes
- ½ lb. shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 ears corn, divided into 4 pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 c. whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted -or- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
Preheat grill pan over high heat. Cut 4 sheets of foil about 12 inches in length.
Evenly portion steak, shrimp, corn, red onion, tomatoes, lemon wedges, and garlic between each foil packet. Season liberally with Old Bay or other seafood seasoning blend, then drizzle with melted butter or olive oil and top each packet with a spring of fresh thyme and cracked black pepper.
Fold the foil packets in half and roll the top and bottom edges to seal them completely.
Place foil packets on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes per side or until steak is cooked to desired doneness. Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Prep foil packets in advance and store them in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes