These Spiced Sweet Potato Grain Bowls have just a hint of spice. When tossed with a Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing it creates the perfect balance of flavors all wrapped up into one bowl.
Spiced Sweet Potato Bowl
- 2 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes (about ¾ lb.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili lime seasoning
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, warm
- 4 ounces baby kale, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 large roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup sweet & spicy pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 4 lime wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Cilantro Avocado Lime Dressing
- ¼ cup lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 avocado, pitted
- ¼ cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- 1 small-medium jalapeño, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine sweet potatoes, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and chili lime seasoning in a bowl; toss to coat. Transfer to a lined sheet tray and bake until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes, stirring potatoes once halfway through. Remove pan from oven.
- Divide quinoa among 4 bowls; top evenly with kale, sweet potatoes, and roasted red peppers. Drizzle with Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing; top evenly with pecans, Cotija, and avocado. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro.
- For Dressing:
- In a small food processor or blender, combine the lime juice, olive oil, and water. Add the avocado then the cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, and salt. Process until the dressing is nice and smooth. If the dressing is too thick, add water 1 tablespoon at a time, blending until desired consistency is reached.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: lunch,
Keywords: grain bowl, sweet potato