One of our favorite “pantry pasta” dishes to make on a busy weeknight.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon, if desired
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti to al dente according to package directions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the oil and pancetta. Cook until the pancetta is golden and crispy.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- When the spaghetti is done, drain it, reserving some of the cooking water, and add the pasta to the hot pancetta skillet. Toss to coat the pasta with the oil. Remove the skillet from the heat and pour over the egg mixture, tossing quickly so the eggs don’t scramble. Add some of the hot cooking water to thin it out and form a sauce. Toss in the parsley. Serve immediately topped with extra cheese, lemon zest and juice (if desired), and a drizzle of good olive oil. Serve with crusty bread.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes