February 6, 2018
Chocolate, mallows, and grahams…give me all the S’mores! This easy popcorn recipe is the perfect way to get that magical combo of flavors all wrapped up into one delicious bite. Sweet, salty, and perfectly indulgent!
Pop, pop, pop
No movie night is complete in our home without some version of popcorn, and this has become a longstanding favorite. It’s simple to pull together, decadent, and the perfect dessert to snack on while watching a movie like The Sandlot or Matilda (a new favorite around here).
The classic combination of chocolate, grahams, and marshmallows is so successful for a reason. Dare I say that adding popcorn into the mix makes it even BETTER?! The creamy decadent chocolate paired with the sweet crunchy grahams and soft mallows is a match made in heaven for good reason.
Gimme S’more of that
Since this recipe has become a family favorite, my kids have become obsessed with thinking about all of the different ways we can take a S’mores flavor combination and apply it to other treats. S’mores Granola, S’mores Rice Krispie Treats, S’mores Brownies…yep! But I drew the line when my Nora enthusiastically suggested “S’mores Chicken!”
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 cups 1x
Sweet, salty, crunchy, SIGN ME UP! The S’mores Popcorn is everything I want in a dessert and has quickly become a family favorite for movie night,
- 10 cups of popcorn, popped
- 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped for drizzling
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 24 graham crackers, crushed
- 4 ounces of milk chocolate bar, cut into small chunks
- Line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper and evenly distribute the popped popcorn.
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stirring every 30 seconds. Alternatively, melt on the stovetop over a double boiler. Drizzle chocolate over the popcorn, season with salt, and stir to coat.
- Evenly top with marshmallows and graham crackers. Stir to coat fully, if desired. Top with the chocolate chunks so it sticks to the melty chocolate.
- Transfer to the fridge to allow it to set up, about 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: popcorn, s'mores