Tender steak with peppers, onions, and mushrooms and sandwiched between a toasted roll are made of. Everyone in the family loves this dish and I can confirm that leftovers are awesome as well.
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced OR 2 frozen garlic cubes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ lbs sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 oz Mushrooms, optional
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 2 cups mozzarella or provolone cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil, dijon, worcestershire, garlic, brown sugar, and a big pinch of salt and pepper until combined. Add the thinly sliced steak, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms (if using) and toss until fully combined.
- Spread the steak and veggie mixture onto a sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice hoagie rolls and drizzle with olive oil transfer to separate sheet pan.
- Remove steak from the oven and increase the oven temp to a low broil. Scatter cheese over steak and veggies and return to oven along with the hoagie rolls to toast.
- Watch it closely for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is brown and bubbly and the rolls are toasted.
- Serve steak mixture in toasted buns.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes