sheet pan chicken pitaswith tzatziki sauce
5 from 1 vote
Total Time: 35 minutes minutes
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon juice + zest
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into very thin strips
- 3 bell peppers sliced
HOMEMADE TZATZIKI SAUCE
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup cucumber grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- cucumber diced
- red onion diced
- feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together ¼ cup yogurt, 3 cloves minced garlic (or frozen cubes), 1 tablespoon olive oil, zest + juice from one lemon, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon curry powder, a big pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 pound of chicken cut into strips in a bowl. Cover and marinate for 20- 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the Tzatziki sauce. Whisk together the ¾ cup yogurt, ½ cup grated cucumber, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 clove garlic (or frozen cube), 1 teaspoon fresh dill, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Taste and season with more salt or pepper, as needed.
- Using two sheet pans, toss 3 sliced bell peppers on one pan and drizzle with olive oil, seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper. On a second sheet pan, arrange the chicken pieces evenly.
- Roast both for 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and peppers have browned.
- Serve chicken, peppers, tzatziki, and all the other fixings on a big platter (or just a sheet pan, if you’d like). Serve family style with everyone building their own pitas, bowls, or salads.
- To complete the meal serve with a side of grains like farro, brown rice, or quinoa.
- Protein: Swap boneless skinless chicken thighs with chicken breasts and adjust cooking time as needed until you reach 165º F. (usually takes a few extra minutes)
- Vegetarian: Remove the chicken from the recipe and double the peppers adding an onion as well. Serve over hearty grains.
WEEKEND PREP / MAKE AHEAD
- Prepare marinade and store in airtight container.
- Make Tzatziki and store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Slice and store bell peppers in airtight container.
- Prepare marinade and toss with chicken and bell peppers. Spread into a single layer on a lined sheet pan. Freeze until solid; transfer to a gallon sized zip top bag or air-tight container to store in the freezer. Bake from frozen: 425 degrees for 20 minutes then serve with the toppings suggested above.
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 522mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2071IU | Vitamin C: 90mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg