A quick and easy take on classic chicken parmesan. The sheet pan method makes it super doable for a weeknight dinner and who can say “no” to dinner covered in sauce and melted cheese?!
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 cup cut broccoli
- 1 cup cut cauliflower
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg until blended. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture, coating both sides. Shake to remove any excess then dip into the breadcrumb mixture – pressing on both sides to coat fully. Transfer chicken to the baking sheet. Repeat with all four chicken breasts. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the fresh broccoli and cauliflower to the open sides of the pan. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Continue baking the chicken and broccoli for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top the chicken with marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven for another 2 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted. Turn the oven to broil to allow for the cheese and veggies to get golden brown and slightly crispy. (approx. 2 more minutes). Watch chicken closely while broiling.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from the oven, top with fresh basil, and serv
- Serve this alongside simple buttered pasta or pasta tossed with extra sauce.
- My favorite jarred sauce is RAO’S. I’ve been a fan for years and honestly can’t make a better sauce myself. It’s THE BEST!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: chicken, sheet pan