sheet pan beef + broccoli
5 from 1 vote
Prep Time: 15 minutes minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes minutes
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce divided
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar divided
- 1½ pounds new york strip steak cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Prepare a sheet pan by drizzling with oil, coating with nonstick spray or lining with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Transfer steak to marinade and let it sit while you cut the broccoli and red pepper. (this can marinate for up to 8 hours) Cut up the 4 cups of broccoli and 1 red bell pepper and transfer to one side of the prepared baking sheet. Add the steak to the other side of the sheet pan. Drizzle any remaining marinade over the veggies. Season the 1 ½ pounds New York steak strip and veggies with a big pinch of salt and cracked black pepper.
- Transfer to oven and roast until steak is cooked through and the vegetables are just beginning to brown, about 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 tablespoon oil, 3 cloves minced or frozen garlic cubes, 2 teaspoons of minced fresh ginger or frozen ginger cubes, pinch of red pepper flakes, and the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce and remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from the oven and drizzle sauce over the top. Garnish with 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds.
- If preparing for meal prep, allow steak and veggies to cool completely before transferring to your meal prep containers and placing the lid on. Once cool, transfer to refrigerator where it will keep for 3-4 days. When read to serve, prepare rice or noodles for base.
- Serve with an Asian salad or slaw mix and/or potstickers.
- Protein: Swap the NY Strip Steak for Top Sirloin, or Flank Steak.
- Vegetarian: Swap steak for a block of extra firm tofu that has been cut into cubes and drain thoroughly by wrapping in a kitchen towel and putting something heavy on top. Evenly coat tofu cubes in oil and cornstarch or arrowroot.
- Broccoli: Swap for cauliflower.
WEEKEND PREP / MAKE AHEAD
- Cut broccoli and red bell pepper and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Make sauce and store in airtight container in fridge.