Yummy, crunchy, and irresistible!
- (2) 15 oz. cans chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lemon, zest of
- ½ cup whole almonds, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Dry the chickpeas thoroughly. Pat the chickpeas very dry with a clean dish towel or paper towels. They should feel dry to the touch. Remove any chickpea skins that come off while drying.
- Spread the chickpeas out in an even layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Stir with your hands or a spatula to make sure the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Roast the chickpeas in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes: Stir the chickpeas or shake the pan every 10 minutes. A few chickpeas may pop – that’s normal. The chickpeas are done when golden and slightly darkened, dry and crispy on the outside, and soft in the middle.
- In a small mixing bowl toss to combine the Parmesan, paprika, lemon zest, chopped almonds, breadcrumbs, and garlic. Toss the chickpeas with the spices and stir to coat evenly. Serve while the chickpeas are still warm and crispy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes