ITALIAN SAUSAGE + WHITE BEAN SOUP
One of my favorite (and most popular) soup recipes of all time. It's warm, hearty, and perfect for a cold rainy day.
- Serve this with my favorite side salad, a caprese salad on the side, or garlic bread.
- Protein: Swap the ground sausage for ground turkey or chicken.
WEEKEND PREP/MAKE AHEAD:
- Vegetarian: Remove the sausage from the recipe and replace with ½ lb. small quartered red potatoes and swap the chicken broth for vegetable broth.
- Dairy-free: Use full fat coconut milk in place of heavy cream.
- Chop the carrots, celery, and onions in advance and store in an airtight container. Or use the Mirepoix Mix from Trader Joe’s.
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 28mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 298IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.1mg