A make-at-home condiment that I’m never without! As I finish up one batch, I promptly make another. Use them on tacos, sandwiches, and salads.
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced⠀
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and cut into rings (optional)
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice⠀
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar⠀
- ⅓ cup sugar⠀
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt⠀
- In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring the lime juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, and jalapeno (if using) to a simmer, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Put the sliced onions in a separate bowl, and pour the vinegar mixture over them. Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and let cool for about 20 minutes. Transfer to the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes