I love making this Peach Salad with Tomatoes, Feta, and Basil Vinaigrette during the month of August. It truly seems to celebrate the best of what August has to offer!
- ¼ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup good-quality sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds heirloom tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 to 5 ripe peaches, sliced into wedges
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, for garnish
For the dressing: Combine the basil, olive oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon and shallots in a blender until the dressing emulsifies and the basil is pureed. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine the tomatoes and peaches in a bowl and toss to coat with the dressing. Top with the feta cheese. Serve at room temperature.