This lime-y guacamole is my favorite formula for making the best companion to a tortilla chip.
- 4 ripe medium avocados
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice and zest from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño pepper (from 1 small jalapeño, optional)
- Pit and peel the avocados. Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, then remove and discard the pits. Scoop the avocado flesh into the bowl with the garlic paste and discard the peels.
- Add the salt, garlic powder, lime juice and zest, and pico de gallo, then use a fork to mash to desired consistency.
- Stir in the jalapeño, if using. Serve right away.
- Storing guacamole for longevity: Refrigerate in an airtight container covered with a layer of plastic wrap pressed directly on the surface of the guacamole for up to 3 days.