- ½ pound orzo
- 1 10-oz container grape tomatoes, quartered
- ½ English cucumber (peeled and chopped)
- ½ red onion (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill (plus more for garnish)
- Kosher salt & cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound medium uncooked shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 lemon (halved)
Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the orzo until al dente. Drain and let cool.
- In the meantime, make the vinaigrette by whisking together the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and salt and pepper. Slowly stream in the olive oil while whisking vigorously until dressing is combined.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cooked orzo, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, feta, dill, and vinaigrette vinaigrette. Toss fully then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Put the shrimp into the skillet and cook, stirring, until they are just cooked through and pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and season with a squeeze of lemon juice from the reserved lemon half. Mix the shrimp into the salad and season to taste with salt and pepper once more before serving. The salad will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.