greek chicken wraps
5 from 1 vote
Prep Time: 40 minutes minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes minutes
FOR THE CHICKEN
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon zest + juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons greek seasoning
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
FOR YOGURT DILL SAUCE
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
FOR THE WRAP
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ red onion
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 6 tortillas
- In a large resealable bag or shallow dish combine ¼ cup of olive oil, zest and juice of 1 lemon , 3 cloves of minced garlic (or 3 frozen garlic cubes), and 2 teaspoons of Greek seasoning. Add 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, close the top of the bag, and massage the ingredients to combine. Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the Yogurt Dill Sauce. In a small bowl combine ½ cup of Greek yogurt, 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set the sauce aside.
- Slice 1 pint of grape tomatoes in half and dice 1 cucumber and season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice ¼ of a red onion (use this tip to take the sharp bite out of the onion).
- After the chicken has marinated, cook the chicken thighs in a large skillet or on the grill over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until well browned and cooked through (165° F). Transfer the cooked chicken to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- To build the wraps, spread each flatbread with a couple tablespoons of hummus, pile some sliced chicken on top, then top with a handful of tomatoes, cucumbers, and sliced onion. Dollop with the yogurt sauce, wrap the flatbread around the filling ingredients and enjoy.
- Serve with oven roasted fries or sweet potato fries.
- Protein: Chicken thighs can be swapped for chicken breasts – just increase the cook time until the chicken is fully cooked to 165°F.
- Vegetarian: Substitute chicken for a 14 oz. can of chickpeas/Garbanzo beans. Warm chickpeas in a skillet over medium-high heat with olive oil, one clove of garlic, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of Greek seasoning.
- Other: Substitute the cooked chicken for a shredded rotisserie chicken with a squeeze of lemon juice and ½ teaspoon Greek seasoning.
WEEKEND PREP / MAKE AHEAD
- Make the Yogurt Dill Sauce and store in an airtight container.
- Slice cucumbers and onions and store in an airtight container.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 647mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 774IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 3mg