Our take on the retro-inspired Grasshopper Pie is an ice cream version!
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 30 chocolate wafer cookies, such as Famous Wafers (about 1 1/2 cups crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons (1/3 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, softened
- 1/2 heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or mint extract
- Chocolate chips or chocolate sauce
For the crust:
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the cookies and salt in the bowl of a food processor or blender and process into crumbs, about 30 seconds. Drizzle the melted butter over the crumbs still in the food processor and pulse until incorporated, about 10 (1-second) pulses. Transfer to a greased 9-inch pie plate. Press into an even layer on the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate using your fingers.
- Bake the crust 10 minutes. Place the pie pan on a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
- In the meantime, whip heavy cream with sugar and extract until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Spread ice cream into crust.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate chips, or crushed chocolate cookies or candies. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- If desired, drizzle with chocolate sauce just before serving.