A classic and simple breakfast gets a simple Valentine’s Day update with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- 2 Slices of your favorite bread
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper
1. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, press out the center of the pieces of bread reserving the cut out.
2. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and melt the butter.
3. Add the bread slices and the center cut outs to the pan.
4. Break 1 egg into each heart hole, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Using a spatula, flip the bread and cook to desired doneness (about 2 minutes for runny eggs and 5 minutes for firmer eggs).
6. Serve each piece of bread with the toasted heart cut out.
- Prep Time: 1 minte
- Cook Time: 4-5 minutes