Corn, Cheddar + Jalapeño Strata
November 14, 2017
A perfectly warm make-ahead breakfast or brunch– this strata is my favorite crowd pleaser!
Best Foot Forward
I love a breakfast strata – especially one with a flavor profile that has a little bit of a kick. This corn, cheddar, and jalapeño combo is irresistible. I like prepping it the night before and sticking it in the fridge before pulling it out in the morning and popping it in the oven. This is one of those recipes that guests ooh and awe over as it comes out of the oven because it smells delicious and looks every bit as good as it tastes.
Strata Recipe Sharing
Of all of the recipes that I make, this seems to be the one that after my guests leave they text me asking for the recipe. It’s nearly fool-proof and ALWAYS turns out. It’s perfect for a holiday brunch, weekend breakfast, or even a weeknight dinner.
Keep in mind that with these strata basics you can find your favorite breakfast flavor combinations and serve up something really special! Switch up your spice levels and proteins and you will be the brunch hero every time.
This strata could not be simpler. You just need to throw together your ingredients, and layer them up in your favorite baking dish. Because we all hate doing dishes, simplify your life by serving your strata hot in its baking dish! Step up your brunch game with beautiful bakeware, like this option I found on amazon!Print
Corn, Cheddar + Jalapeno Strata
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 cups fresh corn cut from the cob
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, both white and green parts
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 cups French bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 9 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- When ready to bake, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake strata, uncovered, until golden brown, puffed and cooked through, about 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Coat 9×13-inch pan lightly with non-stick spray. Combine corn, jalapenos, scallions, and tomatoes together in a medium mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and mayo together, then whisk in milk, salt and pepper.
- Spread one-third of cubed bread in prepared baking dish (it won’t cover the bottom of the dish entirely). Add one-third of corn mixture followed by the cheese. Repeat, layering twice with remaining bread, corn mixture, and cheese. Pour egg mixture evenly over strata. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to 1 day. I typically make it the night before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes