Few sweets are as irresistible to me as a good ole’ fashioned rice krispie treat. These classic crunchy treats are just sweet enough without feeling indulgent. And even more perfect shaped as hearts with googly eyes for Valentine’s Day.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter over medium heat. Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add marshmallows and stir until smooth. Add food coloring and/or vanilla, if using.
- Stir in krispie cereal until marshmallow mixture is evenly distributed.
- Transfer to heart shaped dish or 9×13 inch baking dish.