- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 cups concord grape juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- Fleur de sel, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine the sugar, ½ cup of the grape juice, lime juice and zest, and mint sprigs. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring, to dissolve the sugar, and cook for 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the mint sprigs and stir in the remaining 1 ½ cups grape juice. Pour the mixture into a 9- by 13-inch glass baking dish. Put the dish into the freezer. Every 30 minutes, scrape the mixture with a fork to break up the ice crystals and to keep the granita light and fluffy. Continue scraping every 30 minutes for at least 2 hours until an icy slush has formed.
- Scrape the granita into glasses, sprinkle with a little fleur de sel, and serve.