Chile Lime Tacos
February 10, 2018
A tangy and fresh take on a Mexican favorite! These Chile Lime Tacos are a favorite easy weeknight dinner.
Chile + Lime
Mexican food is a MUST in my house; at the very least, once a week. These turkey tacos are a quick and healthy option that is a certified crowd pleaser. Chile Lime Seasoning gives this dish the perfect dash of tang and zest that is so iconic in Mexican cooking. I’m obsessed!
Of course, ground chicken, beef, or your favorite meat substitute would work just fine in this recipe– as I always say: shop your kitchen! Use what you have on hand and focus on your flavor profile, and you will end up with a delicious dinner.
Leftovers for Lunch
Let’s talk about “leftover lunch.” How often do you eat leftovers for lunch? Are you a fan? I am! I think one of the many reasons I love this recipe so much is that it makes a killer leftover lunch the following day. I simply toss the chili lime ground turkey in a skillet to re-warm it, then serve it over a bed of chopped greens and top with pickled onions, cotija, and diced avocado. If I’ve got pre-cooked grains on hand, I’ll also add those to the skillet to make it even heartier.
To top it all off I LOVE the Bolthouse Farms Cilantro Avocado Yogurt Dressing drizzled on top. Such a yummy addition to and salad– leftovers included or not!
Skillets for Days
Of course, in order for this dish to be as quick and simple as possible, I recommend investing in a skillet! My favorites are easily my Always Pan and my Lodge Cast Iron Skillet. Check out my reviews for these products and figure out which (or both!) are best for your kitchen needs. If you’re looking for more help in decking out your kitchen, check out my guide here!Print
Chile Lime Turkey Tacos
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
One of my favorite recipes made primarily with ingredients you can easily pick up from Trader Joes.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chile Lime Seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 12 (5-inch) corn tortillas
- Thinly sliced cabbage
- Fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1–2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup shredded or crumbled cheese (I like cotija)
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Add the oil to a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onions, garlic, and seasoning cooking until tender, about 8 minutes. Increase the heat to medium-high, add the tomatoes and chiles and bring to a simmer to thicken. Stir in the turkey and cook until the turkey is cooked through and the mixture has thickened, but isn’t dry, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put the toppings and meat in individual bowls and serve with the corn tortillas on a platter.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
I’ve been loving your recipes!!!! I found this one really interesting bc I never thought of using the chili lime spice on meat! It came out delicious! 🙂
I used the chili lime turkey on top of quick store bought and fried sopes with beans. Also added diced avocado with your seasoning trick and some other toppings. It worked perfect. Can’t wait to try out more recipes. 🙂
P.S. my husband hates turkey and he did not complain once. He said he really liked it! So that’s a plus.