The 1 Second Everyday (1SE) app puts together a video of daily 1 second clips of photo or video taken from your phone. I love to use it to see my children grow, document memorable outings, or just our everyday adventures!
New Habits for Memory Keeping
Moving into 2021, I am excited to start some new habits that will help me be more intentional with my time with my family. One of my resolutions is to capture more family memories! The 1 Second Everyday app puts together a video of daily 1 second clips of photo or video taken from your phone. I love to use it to see my children grow, document memorable outings, or just our everyday adventures! The app is available for iOS and Android in their respective app stores, and has both a free and a “premium” paid version.
Step-by-Step Guide to using the 1 Second Everyday App
The basic process in either version is really straightforward:
- Open the app and select your “timeline.”
- Once open, you will see a calendar layout. The bottom right corner of several days may have a camera or video icon: this means that you have photos/video taken or saved from those days that you can add to your 1SE!
- Select the day you want to add footage to by touching it
- This will open “your day”, and you will have the option to add up to two snippets
- Photos and videos from your camera roll on that day will auto generate on that page for you to select
- Click to add and your camera roll will open. Here you can also choose “camera” at the bottom of the screen and take a snippet in the moment.
- Once you’ve added your clips for the day, you can navigate to the play button at the bottom of your screen and watch your masterpiece! You can select which dates you want to view, as well as which way your video is oriented.
- The app gives you the option to receive notifications to remind you to be consistent about taking photos/videos each day. I find it’s helpful to have the notifications and maybe an alarm on your phone so you can be sure to never miss a day!
Which is Right For You?
Let’s take a look at the difference between the basic and Premium options, so that you can know which is right for you!
Original Free Version
With the free version of 1SE, you will have the ability to save up to two 1.5 second clips of photo or video. I have found it’s fun and easy to use the “live” photo feature on my iphone! You also have the option to take pictures/videos from within the app! If you just want an easy way to save family memories without worrying about adding any flair, the basic plan might be best for you.
PREMIUM paid version
Including all the same features in the basic, Premium 1SE gives you the choice to add music, take away labels and time stamps, add up to 10 second snippets, collaborate with friends, and edit within the app! If you want to be able to save longer video clips, make a single video with all your kids/relative/best friends contributing, or add your own theme music, the Premium version is well worth your money.
All features and a direct comparison to the basic version is outlined at this website!