- 8 oz (about 2 handfuls) of baby kale or other good-for-you greens
- 4 oz. pancetta or bacon, diced and cooked until crispy
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 egg, soft boiled and chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- kosher salt & cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & cracked black pepper
In a large bowl combine your greens, crisped pancetta, and tomatoes. (this is my favorite diced pancetta – I find mine at Trader Joes)
Add the shallot, vinegar, and mustard in a glass measuring cup. Whisk in olive oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over your salad and toss to coat. Set salad aside.
Serve the soft boiled egg on top of the salad with the avocado slices. Season with salt and pepper.