A hearty grain bowl with an ingredient match made in heaven – beets and goat cheese! Earthy beets, tangy goat cheese, dark leafy greens, and extra creamy balsamic dressing.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 beets (cooked + cubed)
- 2 cups shredded chicken (cooked (from ½ rotisserie chicken))
- 3 clementines (peeled + wedged)
- 4 cups shredded kale
- 1/2 cup goat cheese (crumbled)
- 1/3 cup pistachios (chopped)
Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- Wild Rice: Cook according to package directions.
- Dressing: In a mason jar, combine dressing ingredients together and shake until smooth.
- Mix: In a large bowl, combine wild rice, beets, chicken, and clementines. Toss with a little bit of dressing. (This can be done ahead of time and kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.)
- Assemble: For serving, in a large serving bowl, add the wild rice mixture on top of the kale . Top with goat cheese, pistachios, and extra dressing.
Meal Prep: store wild rice, beets, chicken, and clementines together. Combine with kale, goat cheese, and pistachios, and additional dressing before serving.
*If using raw beets: Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Toss beets and sweet potatoes in with a little bit of olive oil and salt. Spread on parchment-lined baking sheets. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Salad, Side Dish
Keywords: Beet, goat cheese, grain bowl