My kind of grown-up Green Eggs + Ham.
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 ounces (4 cups loosely packed) baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 8 to 9 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Once cooled, crumble.
- Pour off and reserve all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings from the skillet. Add the spinach to the skillet and sauté over medium heat until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar and mustard, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Continue sautéing until no liquid remains in the skillet, about 2 minutes.
- Using the reserved drippings, lightly grease 4 (1-cup) ramekins. Carefully crack one egg into each ramekin, being careful to not break the yolks. Season each egg with pepper. Divide the spinach among the eggs and top with the crumbled bacon.
- Put the ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, top with goat cheese, and serve warm.